Why do an online convention?
We love the opportunity to do live events and to meet everyone face-to-face. There is something very special and powerful about direct contact. And - this can also limit access for people in remote areas, or whose circumstances preclude them traveling to a convention venue.
Doing an online convention has enabled us to "travel" around the world and step directly into the homes of so many wonderful families. It's been amazing to see families come out of the woodworks who felt distant from any support groups. Our online forums have become an amazing source of support, information, and mentoring.
You get all this from the comfort of your home, according to your schedule, and at the fraction of the cost attending a live event (consider travel, missed work, hotels, food, etc.).
What to expect from this year's convention:
- TJEd and Leadership Education in Thomas Jefferson's Own Words
- What are we raising them for?
- Understanding and Preventing Elitism and Socialism in Our Own Homes
- Mentoring in the Classics and TJEd High style reading assignment and discussion!
- Dealing with heavy themes in classics, a conversation to have with every young adult, a mission workshop, how to approach complex history, how to lead discussions for different age groups, a special series on great education…
...and much, much more!
Remember, we share examples and insights on how to handle certain scenarios, but TJEd is hyper-focused on principles. Each and every home will look a little different. Each child is not a little different but a lot different from each other. ;) Often the "same" scenario is actually different each time it comes back up.
What you can really count on from any TJEd event is how to learn. How to think. How to learn the principles that work and how to apply the principles successfully.